Flower Power

Flower Power

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Roller Coaster Ride with a Twelve Year Old

Twelve is such a weird age.  One minute your kid makes you so proud, and the next you would like to string them up.  I am so lucky that my daughter, at this point, has more good moments than bad. Space is the big issue at this age.  How much space do you give them?  Creative space is always a safe bet for her.  She can create anything, she amazes me.  I went in her room the other day and on her sewing table was some recycled containers, and she had decorated them with fabric yo-yos.  They are so cute!
Social space is scary!!!!! Do you let them on face book, they want to go shopping with there friends, you leave them at home for a little bit and come home to a trashed house, (creative people tend to trash things), they spend the night at a friends house and come home so tired that they make your life miserable the next day.
Emotional space is exhausting!  One minute they want you around the next they don't.  The other day she was in tears, I asked why and she didn't really know why.  She just needed a hug and ice cream.  She said, "mom you always know what to do, you are the best mom ever".  Once, she wrote that in a card, I have it on the refrigerator.  The next day she got mad at me and said, "you never understand and your the worst mom ever".  I told her,"no I am not, I have proof, on the refrigerator"
Call out to all MOMS.  How do you do it, without going crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment